Pages

Sunday 6 January 2013

A REVIEW OF 2012


Good Morning to you,

"It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me.....and I'm feeling good.
                                                                                                Nina Simone

How are you feeling, have you recovered from the Christmas and New Year celebrations?

I  am feeling good and looking forward to what the year 2013 has to offer, but I thought it would be fun to look back on my short time as a blogger and revisit some of the posts I have shared with you. For me, it would also be a useful reminder, of how much I have achieved during this time.

I began by, 



 Introducing you to my grandmother,
Ivy


and we baked her
1940's inspired
Fruit cake


 then you met my mother
Phyllis

and we baked
her 1950's
Swiss Roll
I shared,
my love of cooking
when we made this
Lasagne

We made soup together
and baked bread


We dried oregano together

We froze  
runner beans in the Summer
to enjoy in the Winter


We made Pesto and
I showed you how to increase
your stock of  Basil plants


I shared my love of
Greek food when I made
this Moussaka


and
Stifado


I shared my love of
sweet things when we baked
Chocolate Lime Cheesecake


and this wonderful
Chocolate Cloud Cake
 
I shared with you my love
of old magazines such as this
Picture Post Magazine
dated 19th August 1939


and this wonderful knitting book
which was given to
Pansy Greenacre
as a Christmas Gift in 1938


I shared with you
my love of bead work



and my love
of sewing,
We took a peek in my
garden, to share my love
 of gardening

......and what is more, I have loved every minute of it. Looking back I am amazed it took me two years to begin  my blog, Ivy, Phyllis and Me! It took a lot of gentle, but firm, persuasion from Natasha, to encourage me to begin.  The truth was, I could not believe that anyone would be interested in what I do, but you have all proved me so very wrong. I am thrilled that you are interested in my daily life, that you enjoy hearing my stories about Ivy and Phyllis and that you come back to visit me each week and for that I thank you.

The day I received my first follower was so exciting and that person was Karen from My Little Home and Garden pop over and enjoy a visit, I know you will be most welcome.
I hope you have enjoyed looking back as much as I have.
There is so much more, which I am looking forward to sharing with you this year so,
until next time, take care, and have a lovely week.



26 comments:

  1. Muito lindo olhar pra trás e ver quanta coisa linda foi feita,não é?

    Tomara sempre mais e mais as tenhamos! beijos,chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Daphne! Looking forward to another year of adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daphne, What a wonderful blog you have! Thank you for sharing with us.....some of your special recipes, beautiful art and gardening talents you have. I'm looking forward to seeing more in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been fun and enjoyable following your journey. Looking forward to many more new posts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daphne, I've so enjoyed your blog. I really love the photographs of your mother and grandmother. Thanks for sharing them, and YOU with the rest of us. I'm so glad you started your blog! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Daphne- how lovely that I have found you, and we have become friends. I always look forward to hearing about your daily life.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs- Becka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Daphne! Looking forward to what you share with us in 2013. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie Happy New Year & looking forward to reading your posts in 2013.
    Hope you enjoyed your weekend.
    Best wishes Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a wonderful blog, Daphne I always enjoy my trips over the pond to visit you. Perhaps I should be thanking Natasha!

    Your mother, by the way, has a gorgeous smile.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Daphne! I look forward to another year of your beautiful stories and food and crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a pleasure looking back at 2012 with you! I'm glad to have discovered your blog & look forward to seeing what you share with us this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always find it so encouraging to read the blogs of other women who share the same interests that I do. I have learned so much the past two and a half years. In looking at your year in review I see that I'm going to have to seek out your post on basil. I can never get enough of it, so any information on how to increase my crop will be most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Daphne,
    Your photos are gorgeous! I totally enjoyed looking at your review from 2012.
    Your Grandmother and mother's pictures are beautiful. A treasure for sure. Sharing the recipes is wonderful. I am so happy my little tuorials helped in such way. Enjoy this new year. linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a purely selfish motive. I wanted to see all the things I miss by being so far away! congratulations on the first year of your blog, it always makes you feel closer. Love, Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Daphne! All this food is making me hungry and I just had breaky! hahahaha. Nice to hear from you and let's both have a super week with more chocolat!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Daphne,
    So glad I found your blog today. Stifado is officially on the menu for tonight --- I have not made it in quite awhile. I must say however your presentation far out does mine (yours looks great). Thanks for sharing and thus encouraging me to get a little more creative in the kitchen!! Looking forward to reading more of your blogs!
    Missy M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Daphne, it looks like you had a great year! Thanks for following me and I'm now following you back from http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Daphne,
    Stifado is officially on my menu for this evening. I have not made it for a long, long time but after reading your blog I got motivated to do something different. My presentation however will not be able to even slightly compare to yours!! I am so glad I found your blog --- I found it inspirational and look forward to reading more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The picture with the yellow walls, red and white table cloth and the blue dishes could be from my house - all my favorite colors. How sweet that your blog is 3 generations. There are just 2 generations right now in my family and my daughter is too busy climbing the corporate ladder to blog. I know she secretly checks mine out though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun post, Daphne! Your dishes look yummy and that bead work is just fabulous. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the web at ShowMeCrafting. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year Daphne to you and your family!Your photos are gorgeous! I enjoyed looking at your review from 2012, your beautiful stories and food and crafting!Thank you for your kind comment on my blog,and for your friendship!Have a lovely week!Take care!
    Dimi..

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've shared some delicious and beautiful looking pictures, Daphne! Your garden looks like a wonderful place to sit and enjoy. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Daphne,

    I enjoyed seeing your year in review. Lots of wonderful dishes and desserts! Thank you for sharing your love for cooking and garden with us. Here is to a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Daphne,
    You have a beautiful grandmother and mother. It was good to catch up on your posts. I was delighted to see the Greek foods, as I am part Greek myself. My mom used to make stifado for my dad while I was growing up. Oh, you sew? I have always thought it was such a telent when one could sew. My mom sewed too and made all my clothes, even my wedding dress. I really liked what you said about "time" on our clock post. I feel the same way... as long as I don't miss anything important I really don't worry about it. I'm so glad to catch up on the happenings of your blog. That chocolate cheesecake looks so yummy.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hola Dapne Feliz Año Nuevo 2013 muchas bendiciones para usted...OMG..recetas perfectas y muy exquisitas no sabría cuál elegir,felicitaciones,abrazos hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Daphne, I can tell I've missed a LOT on your blog. I'm headed back to see all the "good stuff" I missed. I'm also checking out your grandmother's fruit cake recipe. :) I ate so much fruit cake at Christmas it was sinful. Wish I had a piece right now. Hugs and have a great weekend,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...