Pages

Sunday, 6 January 2013

A REVIEW OF 2012


Good Morning to you,

"It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me.....and I'm feeling good.
                                                                                                Nina Simone

How are you feeling, have you recovered from the Christmas and New Year celebrations?

I  am feeling good and looking forward to what the year 2013 has to offer, but I thought it would be fun to look back on my short time as a blogger and revisit some of the posts I have shared with you. For me, it would also be a useful reminder, of how much I have achieved during this time.

I began by, 



 Introducing you to my grandmother,
Ivy


and we baked her
1940's inspired
Fruit cake


 then you met my mother
Phyllis

and we baked
her 1950's
Swiss Roll
I shared,
my love of cooking
when we made this
Lasagne

We made soup together
and baked bread


We dried oregano together

We froze  
runner beans in the Summer
to enjoy in the Winter


We made Pesto and
I showed you how to increase
your stock of  Basil plants


I shared my love of
Greek food when I made
this Moussaka


and
Stifado


I shared my love of
sweet things when we baked
Chocolate Lime Cheesecake


and this wonderful
Chocolate Cloud Cake
 
I shared with you my love
of old magazines such as this
Picture Post Magazine
dated 19th August 1939


and this wonderful knitting book
which was given to
Pansy Greenacre
as a Christmas Gift in 1938


I shared with you
my love of bead work



and my love
of sewing,
We took a peek in my
garden, to share my love
 of gardening

......and what is more, I have loved every minute of it. Looking back I am amazed it took me two years to begin  my blog, Ivy, Phyllis and Me! It took a lot of gentle, but firm, persuasion from Natasha, to encourage me to begin.  The truth was, I could not believe that anyone would be interested in what I do, but you have all proved me so very wrong. I am thrilled that you are interested in my daily life, that you enjoy hearing my stories about Ivy and Phyllis and that you come back to visit me each week and for that I thank you.

The day I received my first follower was so exciting and that person was Karen from My Little Home and Garden pop over and enjoy a visit, I know you will be most welcome.
I hope you have enjoyed looking back as much as I have.
There is so much more, which I am looking forward to sharing with you this year so,
until next time, take care, and have a lovely week.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...