Pages

Sunday 6 July 2014

BLACK OLIVE TAPENADE ~ RECIPE NUMBER TWO

Good Morning to you,


It all started with George bringing home an oblong box, containing 32 compartments.  Each compartment measured two and a half inches by five inches.  The intended use for this oblong box was to house various sized nails, screws, nuts, bolts and other small items...... but the minute I saw it, I knew what I could use it for....... beads!

..... well not only my vast array of beads, but sequins, buttons, thimbles, needles and measuring tapes. I could think of many a thing to fill the compartments..... but the problem was, George had bought it for his garage, so how would I prize, this oblong box from George. How could I persuade him, that what he had just bought, would be perfect for my sewing room.

In true English style, I hinted..... I said it was a fabulous box and that it would be so useful in my sewing room..... mmm was the reply. Hinting was obviously not going to work.

I then said, that I thought the box would be a fabulous addition to my sewing room.  Instead of my beads being in little boxes, they would look perfect in the new large oblong box, and I would be able to see all my beads at a glance.

"Yes", was the reply, "That is exactly what I thought about my screws, I can see in an instant which size I am looking for".

I thought I was being direct..... but I suppose not.... I was still hinting.

I made us both a cup of coffee and thought about it.  

Then as I handed George his coffee I said, "If that box was in my sewing room, I could make it look so nice, as instead of it looking dark and dull, I would cover it with some material and it would look fabulous" 

"Oh no" said George, "That would be no good in my garage as the black works perfectly for me".

mmm thought I, my scheme is not working and as I was racking my brain for what else to say, George asked..... "Are you wanting one of these boxes?"

"What makes you think that" said I. 

"Well you seem really taken with this box, I just thought maybe you would like one."

"Well.... actually..... to be honest, I would quite fancy one" said I.

"Well that is just as well..... just a minute" and off he went to the car and when he returned he was smiling, "I had a hunch you might like one.... so here is yours".

Oooh, he  had been teasing me all the time.  He knew I was after his box, but he did not let on, but I have to say, I am thrilled that I have my very own box with lots of compartments to fill as I am going to have so much fun organising my beads.  I am also thrilled that George was kind enough to think of me when he bought his box ..... now that is love for you.

So I thought today, I would make something George loves, 


Black Olive Tapenade.  Now I can hear you thinking, didn't Daphne make Black Olive Tapenade a few weeks ago.  Well yes, you would be right, but this is a different version and the reason I am making it today, is that I have some capers and anchovies..... yes those dreaded anchovies.... which I want to use up and as I hate waste,  I thought I would whizz a few ingredients together to see how they worked as a tapenade, and do you know, they make a delicious Black Olive Tapenade..... Recipe Number 2.

So it is on with the pinnie and the music I am listening to is,


the album by Jack Johnson, 'In Between Dreams'.  I just know you will enjoy listening to 'Better When We're Together' and you will love  'Breakdown'.

So with 'Good People' playing it is time to organise my ingredients.

INGREDIENTS

190g black stoned olives
1 garlic clove
5 sun dried tomatoes
1 tablespoon of capers
4 anchovies
1 tablespoon of olive oil
juice of 1/2 a lemon

HOW TO MAKE
BLACK OLIVE TAPENADE
NUMBER TWO


If using olives stored in brine,
rinse under cold, running water.
Allow the water to drain,
and dry the olives.


Remove the skin from the garlic
and grate.


Rinse the capers
under cold, running water.
Allow to drain and 
dry the capers.


Place the olives,


the grated garlic


the 
sun dried tomatoes
plus
the olive oil,


the capers,


the anchovies

and


half of the lemon juice
into a blender
and pulse
until you have a rough consistency.

Taste to see if the rest of the
lemon juice needs to be added
and if so
add and blitz again.

Yes it really is as simple as that.
This is a much quicker version
and of course there is no need
to add salt
because the anchovies
are salty.


This time we enjoyed the 
Black Olive Tapenade 
with some Pesto filled hearts.

A perfect way
to show my love for George
for being so kind.

Now I know what you are thinking, why on earth didn't I just ask George where he bought the oblong box from, then I could have gone and bought one for myself...... well, to be honest, of course I could have done that, but it really would not have been as much fun.... would it?

Take care and I will see you on Wednesday.

This week I will be joining,


and
and









No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...