Pages

Sunday 9 December 2012

FATHER CHRISTMAS AND THE REINDEER EXPRESS

Good Morning to you,

On Friday, Natasha and I went into the city to do a little Christmas shopping.  We turned the corner in to  Northumberland Street and look at what we found.

 
The Reindeer Express
 

The Reindeer Express
 is en route to Newcastle
delivering presents ready for the
festivities. 
 

There are sweets,


There are teddies,


and many more gifts on board,

ready for Father Christmas
 to deliver to all the children
 in Newcastle.


 The elves are  kept
 very busy sorting all the letters,
 which children have written to
 Father Christmas.

 
  They are checking  to make sure
 Father Christmas knows
 where all the children live.
 
 
...and this is where you can see this beautiful Christmas window display.
 

Each Christmas, Fenwicks have the most dazzling window displays, which adults and children adore.....and for that moment, we were, children ourselves.
 
This is such a busy time for everyone, remember to take time out for yourself. Give yourself ten minutes to put your feet up and relax. Have a lovely day and I will see you later in the week.
 
This week I will be joining,
 
 
  

 

10 comments:

  1. Que linda vitrine e brinquedos! beijos,linda semana!chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, beautiful post. Those elves are wonderful
    http://marinainblue.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! It is one of my fondest memories of childhood, going downtown and seeing the store windows. When I grew up (age wise -- never did in height), my hubby and I went to Chicago in early December every year for a meeting. The windows at Marshall Fields and other stories were what Christmas dreams were made of! Thanks for taking me to see the reindeer express!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty pictures. I grew up in Chicago and remember those fantastic store displays at CHristmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous display! Thank you for sharing with us Daphne, we never see such things here. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. And yes, I'm going to relax the next two weeks. I don't want to look exhausted on the family photograph on Christmas Eve. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daphne - this is magical and and reminds me of all the Christmas windows I would gaze at when I was a child. Nothing was more wonderful that viewing an elaborate, whimsical, wonderful Christmas display. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun to shop in city at Christmas time. I loved it when we used to go to New York City during Christmas. Your pictures put me in the Christmas spirit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely, I just love pretty Christmas window displays, I also love Christmas festivals, I really miss that from the time I lived in Germany, they had wonderful festivals.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...