Pages

Thursday 14 September 2017

MOTH ORCHIDS ~ EASIER TO CARE FOR THAN YOU MIGHT THINK

Good Morning to you,


I am settled in our new home.

.... and how do I know this for sure?

Well I will tell you. I have found the time to potter. A thing I truly love.

.... also, I have stopped trying to put the broom inside the fridge. Isn't that crackers, why on earth would I do that. Goodness only knows.

I wouldn't mind, but the design of my new kitchen is totally different to the design of my previous kitchen, so I'm not sure why I kept opening the fridge door wanting to place the broom inside. I am pleased to report, things have settled down and the broom has found it's new home, not in the fridge, but in a cupboard. Once more my life is settling down to a nice rhythm.

.... and the pottering.

I have finally managed to find the time to care for 


my Moth orchids.  
Since we  moved house, time has been taken up with settling into our new home. So my orchids have not received the attention they deserve. 


They have not been sprayed with water


or
had their leaves dusted.
My normal routine has gone right out of the window. 


Luckily for me, my Moth orchids have forgiven my tardiness


and rewarded me with the most beautiful flowers.
This beautiful white orchid, lives in our conservatory and it loves the warm conditions which the conservatory provides.  


Whilst this pretty pink orchid,  which sits comfortably on my kitchen windowsill, also loves it's new home.  
 It really is a vision of beauty.


When I am peeling potatoes or chopping vegetables for our supper, I look out of my kitchen window and before I see my garden, I take in the beauty of this lovely Moth orchid.


All the Moth orchids I have shown you are still flowering and will continue to do so for a month or more.

.... but I have 3 orchids which are dormant, sitting on my kitchen windowsill, which will flower in a few months time.

Before they are delivered to their new home on the kitchen windowsill, I cut back the stems just above a node. They are then watered once a week and fed once a month until new growth starts appearing, then I increase the feed to once a week. 

So when your Moth orchids have finished flowering, don't throw them away.  I know a lot of my friends have done so in the past, but changed their minds, once they realised how easy it was to care for them. 

If you would like to know more about caring for your Moth Orchids.  I wrote about this, way back in June 2013. Since first writing about Moth orchids I have since discovered a plant feed which is sprayed onto the leaves.  This makes caring for Moth Orchids even easier.

I find as I have bought Moth orchids at different times of the year, I always have 2 or 3 orchids flowering at the same time, when the 1st batch have finished flowering, I have another batch ready to burst into flower.

Now I thought I should mention, I am not telling you that my way is the only way to care for Moth orchids, as you may have another way. I am sharing with you, my experience, of caring for Moth orchids. I mention this, because  as with cooking and baking or anything else you read about, here, on Ivy, Phyllis and Me! I am sharing my experiences with you.

So if you don't have a Moth orchid on your coffee table.... treat yourself, as they are not very expensive.  Here in England they can be bought quite cheaply from supermarkets.

I promise you, once you've bought one, you will buy another and another.

Take care and I will catch up with you next Thursday.

As Always





No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...