Pages

Wednesday 30 October 2013

KINDNESS

Good Afternoon to you,

I have made myself a cup of coffee,


I am sitting in,


my favourite chair,


and I am putting my feet up for a moment or two,

and I start to think about the many wonderful bloggers I have met since I first started writing Ivy, Phyllis and Me!

..... and how kind and generous, people are, in the blogging community.  

I have made some lovely friendship, but one of the most wonderful things I have learnt, is, how kind and generously spirited, bloggers are.

So today, I thought I would share with you a little story about one such generously spirited blogger CeLynn from CeLynn's Sunflower Patch.  

I met CeLynn about 4 months ago, after she had left a lovely comment on my blog.  I popped over and paid her a visit, and found she had shared a fabulous Asian Salmon dish. I read the post and what I found interesting was how CeLynn had made the Asian Salmon. CeLynn had  used,



Cedar Papers.  So of course I was intrigued, as I had never heard of them.   I remember when we used to have big family bar-b-ques, George would put certain types of wood shavings onto the coals, but I had never seen anything like these Cedar Papers.  



I mentioned that I would be trying the recipe as Salmon is a favourite of mine, but I also mentioned, that I didn't think I would be able to buy these Cedar papers in England.



I received an email from CeLynn, a few days later, to say that she would send me a packet in the post.  I could not believe her kindness, as we had only emailed each other a couple of times.

I emailed CeLynn my address and true to her word she sent me a packet through the post,



with a lovely little note.  I was thrilled to pieces to receive the gift of the Cedar papers and I felt that this was such a kind thing to do, as CeLynn did not know me, but was willing to send me Cedar papers from half way across the world.

So today, I want to say a big thank you to CeLynn for being so kind and sending me the lovely gift of the Cedar papers.  I have to tell you CeLynn, we loved the Asian Salmon recipe.

It would be lovely if you could pop over and say hello to CeLynn as you will love all her canning recipes and you will so admire her beautiful sewing. 

Take care and I will see you on Sunday.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...