Pages

Sunday, 11 November 2012

REMEMBRANCE DAY 11TH NOVEMBER 2012

Good Morning to you,

Today is Remembrance Sunday. 

Today is the day, when we take time to remember all the brave men and women who have lost their lives, in conflicts past and present.





DO NOT STAND
AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP





 

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle Autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight,
I am the soft star-shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.
 
Mary Elizabeth Frye
1932

 
 
Each wooden cross is planted by a family member or friend, in a Field of Remembrance. The cross  carries a personal message to someone who lost their life in the Service of their country.

Services of Remembrance will be held around the country.

Wreaths will be laid in rememberance of the fallen .
 


 
 
Our hearts are with you,
You will never be forgotten.
 
 
Daphne
 
 
 
 
 

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...