Pages

Wednesday, 3 October 2012

42 YEARS TODAY!


Good morning to you,

Today, George and I have been married for 42 years. It is hard to believe we have been married for so long, as  we both agree the time has flown by.

We are enjoying a wonderful life together. As with all  marriages we have had our share of  "ups and downs", but when there have been "bumps in the road", we have managed to overcome them together.

We have two wonderful daughters which we are so grateful for and love dearly.
  
   
 ...and look what arrived for me today, George sent me these beautiful roses, to celebrate our anniversary,  they  are absolutely gorgeous.
  

  I thought you would like to take a  closer look at the roses.
  


....and this is the vase the roses were in.  

The vase is a beautiful shade of blue and do you see the metal work around the top, this has been handmade.  It is so beautiful, the metal work reminds me of a design from the medieval times.

 

And this is where it all began 
with George and Daphne 
 
 Our Wedding Day 3rd October 1970
outside the church
  
  Our honeymoon in Majorca, look how young  we were.  I'll share a secret with you. As you can see George was very fit.  When I was tired of pedalling I would put my feet up on the cross-bar and let George do all the work.  I don't think he ever noticed, well if he did, he was kind enough not to say anything.
Three years later, along came our gorgeous daughter Natasha.  In this photograph she was two weeks old.   There was great excitement when she was born, because she was the first grandchild on both sides of the family.

  Then four years later in 1977 along came our youngest daughter, Danielle.  Wasn't she a cutie pie.  She grew up with a twinkle in her eye.
  
This is Natasha when she was five years of age.  She was the most sweetest natured little girl. 

This is Danielle aged 5 years.  She was a mischievous little girl and full of fun, but I think you can see that in her eyes.

  
  
 ......and here are our gorgeous girls and Phyllis' grand daughters, as they are today, all grown up and beautiful. 

.....and all because George and I met one day at a summer fete in 1967.

I hope you have enjoyed these pictures of our family.

We are now going out to celebrate our anniversary.

Take care and I will see you later in the week.

Best Wishes




Daphne xxx









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...