Pages

Sunday, 2 September 2012

HARROGATE QUILT FESTIVAL

Good morning to you,

On Friday I met with a group of friends  and we went to The Harrogate Quilt Festival. We were all very excited, as not only were there many quilts waiting to be admired, but there would also be stall holders selling all those wonderful items we quilters need.

I took lots of photographs of quilts and these I thought you would enjoy looking at.



This was my favourite I love the array of colours



And of course I had to include this Union Jack




Lanterns of Memories

This lovely quilt was stitched by my friend and the lanterns were made by using recycled materials.


The following three pieces were entitled
Glimpses of Britain



Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Elizabeth II



No introduction necessary if you were a teenager in the '60's
John, Paul, George and Ringo
The Beatles



Beautiful work


This quilt reminds me of wild cornflowers
swaying in a meadow



These were miniature quilts
they were exquisite



The ladies who created these miniatures are very talented indeed.



This quilt I had to include, I am just sorry that the colour isn't showing as bold as it actually was. In fact it was ruby red thread which was worked in cross stitch.  It is also hand quilted and took 4 years to complete.  What a work of love.


I love the different blocks on this quilt



....and as autumn is on it's way I thought you would enjoy this quilt with it's autumnal colours.

There were so many, many more quilts being exhibited and these are just a few.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Take care and I will see you later in the week.

Best Wishes


Daphne xxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...