Pages

Sunday, 16 September 2012

CHOCOLATE LIME CHEESECAKE


Good Morning to you,

I love Cheesecake, always have and always will! For me the best place to enjoy Cheesecake is The Cheesecake Factory in Peach Tree Road, Atlanta.

The very first time I visited The Cheesecake Factory, I was overwhelmed.  There were so many delicious Cheesecakes to choose from.... well it took me forever to choose, BUT, my absolute favourite was, and still is, Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel. No words can describe the pleasure I have when eating a slice of this Cheesecake.  It also brings back lovely memories of dining out with Natasha, Danielle and The Sugarhill Gang.






So today, to remind me of those lovely memories, I am making a Cheesecake, one which I have baked often and adapted from Nigella Lawson's Cookery Book, Nigella Bites, it works every time and is easy to make. 




INGREDIENTS
FOR CREAM CHEESE TOPPING

750g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
200g caster sugar
4 whole eggs
2 yolks
juice of 4 limes

20-21cm spring form cake tin
kitchen foil

180C/Gas Mark 4




INGREDIENTS FOR THE BASE

200g Double Chocolate Maryland cookies
75 g unsalted butter

 
  


Place a large piece of tin foil over the bottom of the spring form tin and then insert the base over it. Fold the tin foil up around the sides of the tin and place the whole thing on a second piece of tin foil, also folding it and pressing it securely up around the tin so that you have a water-tight covering.  

  


Place the biscuits into a food processor until they are like crumbs. Or....

if you have a lot of excess energy to use, place the biscuits into a plastic bag, find your rolling pin and "bash" the biscuits into little pieces.....there do you feel better now? 
  


  
 Place the biscuit crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter and stir until incorporated.




 Place the biscuit mixture into the baking tin and press down firmly using the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to set and preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.

THE CREAM CHEESE TOPPING

Beat the cream cheese gently until smooth, then add the sugar and mix thoroughly.

Add the beaten eggs and egg yolks



Then add the lime juice
  



 Make sure everything is incorporated.

  

 Pour the cream cheese filling onto the chilled biscuit base.
  


Carefully place the tin in a roasting tray and pour hot water around the cheesecake to reach half way up the sides of the baking tin.

Bake for 1 hour, but check after 50 minutes. The cheesecake is cooked when you have a slight "wobble" below the surface.

Carefully remove the baking tin from the roasting tray  and stand on a wire rack.  Remove all the outer layers of tin foil and leave to cool. Again do this carefully as the layers of tin foil will be hot.

When cooled place in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving.



Transfer to the plate you are going to serve it on and unclip.  I wasn't able to remove the base of the baking tin, but I really didnot mind. 

Also you might find, as I did, that your cheesecake splits a little on top as it cools down. If you feel the need this can easily be covered with fruits, but I left mine so you could see, that I had the same problem.  It certainly doesn't spoil the taste of this delicious cheesecake.



The base is just right and the cream cheese topping is delicious.

These days I am having to increase my walking from 10,000 steps a day to 12,000, as I am eating more "baked goodies" than I normally do.  Just as well I am able to share them with friends and family.....it's easy to spread the calories around!
This week I shall be joining,
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
I will see you later in the week, so until then, take care,
Best Wishes
Daphne xxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...