Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

CHOCOLATE LIME CHEESECAKE


Good Morning to you,

I love Cheesecake, always have and always will! For me the best place to enjoy Cheesecake is The Cheesecake Factory in Peach Tree Road, Atlanta.

The very first time I visited The Cheesecake Factory, I was overwhelmed.  There were so many delicious Cheesecakes to choose from.... well it took me forever to choose, BUT, my absolute favourite was, and still is, Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel. No words can describe the pleasure I have when eating a slice of this Cheesecake.  It also brings back lovely memories of dining out with Natasha, Danielle and The Sugarhill Gang.






So today, to remind me of those lovely memories, I am making a Cheesecake, one which I have baked often and adapted from Nigella Lawson's Cookery Book, Nigella Bites, it works every time and is easy to make. 




INGREDIENTS
FOR CREAM CHEESE TOPPING

750g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
200g caster sugar
4 whole eggs
2 yolks
juice of 4 limes

20-21cm spring form cake tin
kitchen foil

180C/Gas Mark 4




INGREDIENTS FOR THE BASE

200g Double Chocolate Maryland cookies
75 g unsalted butter

 
  


Place a large piece of tin foil over the bottom of the spring form tin and then insert the base over it. Fold the tin foil up around the sides of the tin and place the whole thing on a second piece of tin foil, also folding it and pressing it securely up around the tin so that you have a water-tight covering.  

  


Place the biscuits into a food processor until they are like crumbs. Or....

if you have a lot of excess energy to use, place the biscuits into a plastic bag, find your rolling pin and "bash" the biscuits into little pieces.....there do you feel better now? 
  


  
 Place the biscuit crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter and stir until incorporated.




 Place the biscuit mixture into the baking tin and press down firmly using the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to set and preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.

THE CREAM CHEESE TOPPING

Beat the cream cheese gently until smooth, then add the sugar and mix thoroughly.

Add the beaten eggs and egg yolks



Then add the lime juice
  



 Make sure everything is incorporated.

  

 Pour the cream cheese filling onto the chilled biscuit base.
  


Carefully place the tin in a roasting tray and pour hot water around the cheesecake to reach half way up the sides of the baking tin.

Bake for 1 hour, but check after 50 minutes. The cheesecake is cooked when you have a slight "wobble" below the surface.

Carefully remove the baking tin from the roasting tray  and stand on a wire rack.  Remove all the outer layers of tin foil and leave to cool. Again do this carefully as the layers of tin foil will be hot.

When cooled place in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving.



Transfer to the plate you are going to serve it on and unclip.  I wasn't able to remove the base of the baking tin, but I really didnot mind. 

Also you might find, as I did, that your cheesecake splits a little on top as it cools down. If you feel the need this can easily be covered with fruits, but I left mine so you could see, that I had the same problem.  It certainly doesn't spoil the taste of this delicious cheesecake.



The base is just right and the cream cheese topping is delicious.

These days I am having to increase my walking from 10,000 steps a day to 12,000, as I am eating more "baked goodies" than I normally do.  Just as well I am able to share them with friends and family.....it's easy to spread the calories around!
This week I shall be joining,
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
I will see you later in the week, so until then, take care,
Best Wishes
Daphne xxx

10 comments:

  1. Hello Daphne

    That cheesecake sounds and lookds wonderful.

    I think that my family would love that recipe
    but like you I would have to increase my exercise
    routine to justify a slice!!

    I have just bought the hew Rachel Allen book "Cake" it is on tv here in Ireland at the moment and if I keep using her recipes will
    be walking from dawn to dusk!!

    Have a good week

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fiona, I know, baking is lovely, but the inches.....not good. I have heard of Rachel Allen, I saw her on the tv a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed her programme. Trouble is the photos in these cookery books are so seductive and with a title "Cake" well, it must be a struggle not to bake. We'll have to form a "virtual" walking club, we'll agree a time, syncronise our watches and go out walking together. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalispera Daphne!Im a big fan of cheesecakes!!But yours with my favorite taste we used in Melbourne,lime,it must be fantastic!!
    Thank you for your lovely comment!
    Wish you a great week!
    Dimi..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kalimara Dimi, Welcome to the club, I'm a fan of Cheesecakes aswell! Cheesecakes are delicious and using limes cuts through the sweetness. Did you grow limes in Melbourne? I miss picking fruit from trees as the taste is so different. I have to visit the market now. Enjoy the rest of your week. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cheesecake & yours looks incredible! I've never tried a chocolate lime cheesecake. I'm glad you shared the recipe with us.
    I, too, love the Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel cheesecake from the The Cheescake Factory.
    Thanks for the kind comments about my Fall mantel. Your words made me smile today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Gina, Fancy you enjoying Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel cheesecake aswell. The words "a moment on your lips a lifetime on your hips" just doesn't compute when I am eating this cheesecake. Your more than welcome, looking forward to seeing your Christmas mantel. Take care, Best Wishes Daphne

      Delete
  6. Hi Daphne, Your lime cheesecake is making me so hungry. I love lime/Key Lime cheesecake and your cookie crust really sounds like perfection.
    You asked me if my red/pink transferware was Spode. Actually, it's Adams (made in England, of course) and the pattern in English Countryside. Sorry I'm having to answer you in the comment section, but couldn't find your email address.
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Babs, Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for letting me know the design on your plates is Adams English Countryside, I guessed it would be one or the other, but they did look very much like Spode, that's why I wondered. I need to add my email address to my blog. Not sure how to go about it, so I will have to do a little research. Enjoy your day, Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE cheesecake! never made it at home! thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks delicious, Daphne! Cheesecake is one of my favorites, too! I loved going to The Cheesecake Factory. I was so sad when I found out I had to go gluten free, but I recently found gluten free graham cracker crumbs, so I'm back in business with cheesecake! : )

    Thanks for linking up to The Creative HomeAcre blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...