Pages

Sunday 3 June 2012

AN "OH SO" EXCITING DAY ~ DAPHNE'S FIRST POST

Good Morning to you,

Today, on the 3rd June 2012, Ivy, Phyllis and Me! was born. With nervousness, I pressed the Publish key and waited patiently, in the hope, that someone would find my first post interesting.  

I never imagined that 6 years later I would have enjoyed over 270,000 page views. Thank you dear friends, for taking the time, to read and enjoy the words I have written. It is truly appreciated, as to be honest when I had written my first post, I thought that would be that.... but you proved me wrong, to which I am truly grateful.

So on the 6th anniversary of Ivy, Phyllis and Me! I thought it would be fun, to read once again, the very first post which started my friendship with you.

I hope you enjoying reading my words, as much as I enjoyed writing the words.... even though, I freely admit, I was a little nervous.

Enjoy.

With Warmest wishes to you.






Welcome,

Today is the first day of my blog.  Am I nervous.....yes, is my stomach churning..... yes, am I worried that no one will read my blog.... yes, BUT, there is an underlying feeling of great excitement!

Who would of thought this day would actually arrive. I have made this excuse and that excuse, actually, every excuse under the sun not to begin, but I had decided, today was the day I would begin my blog. I even told my daughter, to make sure I followed through, but do you know this morning I started to sidetrack, the sun came out and I decided it was more important to plant the last of my summer bulbs, I could have gone on and on finding other things I really must do, but decided enough was enough and that I really had to take myself to task. I made myself a cup of coffee, sat down, opened my computer, and here I am writing my first post! As I write I am feeling more and more excited, so I hope you will enjoy reading my offerings!

Let me introduce you to my late Grandmother Ivy (known as Nanny to the grandchildren), she was a huge influence in my life.  She was a keen cook and baker and a superb knitter. Sadly she passed away many years ago, but her influence remains. That little cutie in the photo is me....oh such a long time ago!




.....and this is my Mother Phyllis as a young mother.  She cooked and baked for us as children, one of the most memorable cakes was a Swiss Roll.  When the sponge cake was cooked and cooled, I was fascinated watching her spread the jam onto the sponge cake, then using baking parchment, she would roll the sponge cake and finally dust with icing sugar ..... delicious!




So with the thought of that mouthwatering cake in your mind, I will leave you and look forward to chatting to you next Sunday, when I will be showing you how to bake that delicious swiss roll.....don't forget your cup of coffee!

                                     Best Wishes from your new friend,



                                   Daphne xxx


8 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see our family history retold like this. It's like an online cookbook of all the scrummy things we've eaten over the years. To quote Oliver Twist "Can I have some more please?".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daphne! Just stopping by from the link-up at Across and Down. I love the unique family story you share! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Afternoon Jessie, Thank you so much for stopping by, it is lovely to meet you. I am looking forward to tomorrow. Have a lovely day. Best Wishes Daphne

      Delete
  3. My mouth is watering, you're right about that! What a lovely concept- keeping traditions alive through cooking and stories. Your writing is amazing!
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your first post. Aren't you happy you just sat down and started writing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Afternoon Misty, Yes, I am really pleased I found the courage to sit down and start to write the blog. It is an amazing journey, as I really didn't imagine anyone, other than my family would be interested....how wrong was I. See you tomorrow. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that you were able to learn so much of those womanly skills from your mom and grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of this blog. I am visiting from the link up and look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to meet you . . . thank you for being a new follower to Irish Garden House.

    Your granny and mother taught you well. It looks like you are a "baking creator!". I have no luck so I admire your talents!

    I have you in my reader and look forward to more visits!
    Love, Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...